Friday, April 08, 2005

sOaP SuDs...

The smell of soap. It's actually one of the most important things to think about and how often do you consciously think about it? Probably not much. I don't usually think much about the smell of my soap until one day I bought some Zest on sale thinking, "It's a popular brand, I think it's a safe bet that I'll like it." It's very rare that I hate a soap enough to not use it. I didn't not realize that they were trying out this new fancy smell. It was the most hideous smell I've ever laid my nares on! Holy Smokes! Yesterday I bought some Coast from the dollar store and I had the best shower of my life this afternoon. The soap made all the difference. I even wanted to shower today! (I do shower everyday, however I don't usually look forward to it. It's just a chore.) So, in the shower today (I'll spare you the steamy details) while I was sudsing up with my new Coast I suddenly was in a GREAT mood. I realized that we used Coast a lot when I was a kid. It reminded me of being worry-free and spastic. I had an epiphany of how many smell memories I actually have. Certain smells remind me of childhood, adolescence, friend's houses, school, libraries, etc. I LOVE the smell of library books! And then there's that crusty milk smell of elementary school lunchrooms. :/ I don't like that smell.

What's your favorite soap?
What's your STRONGEST smell memory?

2 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger traceofblistex said...

Okay... I'll try to get some big whiffs!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Robin Alexa said...

Favorite soap - Dove(just because I have the driest skin in the world and my doctor told me to use it)

Smell memory - Obsession by Calvin Klein reminds me of high school, and some cheap deodorant reminds me of my first boyfriend :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home