Monday, July 04, 2005

Greasy Hair and Creeping Heat

I just got back from my little vacation in the Porcupine Mountains in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. That was the first time I ever backpacked. It was good times. I got to know people that I sorta knew even better. I don't really make friends easily so it was a nice to feel like I was a part of something. I got some neat photos from the trail. I got a great close up of a froggy who posed very eloquently for me. A giant deer ran across the hiking path and I almost got demolished. "Mandi got ran over by a reindeer"(minus the rein)

2-day weekends aren't long enough. And this weekend I discovered that neither are 3-day weekends. I guess mine isn't really a 3-day weekend because I have to go to work in an hour and a half at one of my jobs, but I didn't have to get up at 6 a.m. this morning to go to the coffee shop job. Tomorrow I work the later shift there so I get to sleep in for once during the week!!!! How extremely exciting!!!

I also discovered this weekend that Little Caesar's do exist still. We ate at one in Ashland, Wisconsin today. :D Mmmm.....

I indeed completed my writer's group contract to finish and polish my story titled "Red". I'm happy with it. It's pretty sarcastic, pervie, and written in an active voice. I intend for it to be printed in our writer's group's first publication coming out at the end of this summer I hope!! We are still trying to pick out a title. We are also hoping to build a little corresponding website. I'm happy that I don't get punished by breaking my contract. Yippeee! No donating plasma for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home