Friday, June 10, 2005

A Million Hours, a million hours

Thus marks my first day at the new job. Whew! What a day! I've been quite the working diva this week, despite a horrendous cold and flu bug. Hip hip hooray for perseverance! I started working the 7:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. shift at a coffee shop/deli place located in the business district of Duluth, MN. It's locally owned and all organiicky! I love it. It was super fun today. I really got back into the swing of doing the cash register and greeting everyone. I love shootin' the breeze with random people. That's one thing I really miss while working in TV for so long. I miss the meeting people. I actually MISS customer service. Well, now I am back to it! It's nice to have people be excited for you to get them their coffee. Coffee is especially important to business people. So I am their little breather away from the office. I will be the face they see between number crunching, or selling tuxedos, or doctoring people up. Even though people think of little part time coffee shop jobs as the crap jobs, it actually pays they same as what a lot of people I work with at the TV station are making! Customer service jobs are very important. I met tons of people today. I'm totally pumped about making my first latte today! I love specialty coffee beverages and have always wanted to learn how to make them. Now I shall be a queen barrista! Badda Bing Badda Boom!

So I worked 50 hours this week. Oogah! I'm kinda pooped. Yesterday (Thursday June 9th) I went to MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) camp for the TV job. I filmed the activities for the upcoming telethon that we put on locally. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive to camp. It was fun though. I went with my graphics supervisor. We yapped the whole way. No problem for us. Gotta catch up on the office gossip! The kids at camp were amazing. It was so fun. I don't usually do photography work for work so it was nice to change up my experiences a bit. I just hope the tapes turn out well. I haven't trapsed through all of the footage yet. I filmed about 1 1/2 hours worth of fun times!

So there's a recap on my work history for the week... or at least last few days!

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger P11 said...

Hi, maybe you like this blog
http://cafep11.blogspot.com/
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home