Wednesday, February 23, 2005

YUPPIE IN SUPERIOR-Local Establishment Review-

Red Mug Coffee shop: This establishment is new to the city of Superior, Wisconsin and is located on Hammond and Broadway. It is on the bottom floor of the Arts building there, I'm not sure of its formal name. I had a hazelnut latte there today after my printmaking class. It was a delicious beverage... Slightly pricier than usual, but served in a RED MUG, clever. I felt the atmosphere was kind of yuppie, but good yuppie. Artsy yuppie. There was a group of business-clad older ladies and one young British fellow enjoying lunch at a nearby table. They may be the ones who set the yuppie tone in there. But the employees looked really really clean cut... They didn't really look like they'd sit down to a pottery wheel anytime soon. Nonetheless it's GREAT to have a choice of coffee shops to go to in Superior. Unfortunately they are not opened Sundays so writer's group an not be held there. Sadly. On weeknights they are only open until 7:00 p.m. and Fri & Sat 9:00 p.m. I'm still excited for its potential.

If anyone is ever in Superior, Wisconsin I suggest trying it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home